Ministers of the LOC are Lutheran Orthodox Minsters and must accept and adhere to our Statement of Faith and Core Beliefs. Your signature on your application reflects your acceptance and belief in the Statement of Faith found on our main page and with our core beliefs, provided below. In addition, by signing your application you agree to recognize all other church bodies which share intercommunion with the LOC. Please do not request an application if you are not in agreement with our Statement of Faith and Core Beliefs.
All Ordinations and Consecrations are performed at St Pauls Lutheran Chapel in Slatington, Pa, USA. unless other arrangements are made. You will not be a minister of The Lutheran Orthodox Church until or unless your consecration is performed by the Laying on of Hands in valid Historic Apostolic Succession of The Church.
It is the core belief and Statement of Faith of the Lutheran Orthdox Church that:
1. The Holy Scriptures, in the original tongues, are the inspired and inerrant word of God;
2. In one God, eternal and self-existent, Creator and Ruler of the universe, and manifested through the Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
3. That Jesus Christ is truly divine and truly human having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary;
4. That Jesus Christ died on the cross and shed His blood as a Sacrifice for our sins; He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father;
5.That humankind was created in the image of God, but fell into sin causing separation from God;
6. That salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ ; and those who repent and believe on Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life and become the children of God;
7. That the water baptism identifies us with the death and burial of Christ and that we should arise to walk in the newness of life;
8. In the ministry of the Holy Spirit to glorify Christ, to convict, to enable the believer to live a godly life and to empower the Church to carry the gospel into all the world;
9. In the personal and visible return of Jesus Christ for His Church;
10. In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and everlasting separation from God of all those who reject Jesus Christ.